Our established solar installation business seeks an experienced and compatible teammate to assist with sales, operations, and office management.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Only qualified applicants, please.
Qualifications and Qualities:
• Outstanding communication and customer relations skills, positive and respectful attitude and upbeat phone presence
• Expertise in office administration, coordination, and organization
• Demonstrated ability to perform and manage a variety of support-related tasks
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Google, and Adobe Suites. Mac expertise preferred
• Experience and expertise in social media management (Website maintenance and graphics a plus)
• Impeccable work ethic — reliable, accountable, detail-oriented, personable, committed to excellence
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a professional, service-oriented environment
• Willingness and ability to work with grace and calm demeanor while handling multiple projects
• Passion for renewable energy, healthy environment, resilient local community and economy
• Ability to reach, bend, lift up to 20 lbs, and use a computer for several hours at a time
• Compliance with all safety and health policies, including no smoking or fragrances
• Responsible, safe driver with clean DMV record
• Approximately 30-40 hours/week during regular business hours
• Compensation: $18-$22/hour, or commensurate with qualifications and experience
• Benefits: paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave after successful completion of 90-day period
• Email cover letter and resumé to email@example.com. Applications without both will not be considered.
No phone calls or drop-ins.
Our established solar design and installation business seeks reliable solar installers for part time employment (with potential for full-time employment). Installers are responsible for installing panels and inverters and wiring grid-tied PV systems, and related tasks. We are an equal opportunity employer.
-Professional experience working on construction sites and projects
-Knowledge of standard building construction, including roof framing and roofing systems
-Basic knowledge of electricity, Ohm’s law, and circuits
-Accustomed to working and being productive while on ladders, roofs and uneven terrain
-Skilled in clear communication, customer service, and collaboration
-Ability to reach, bend, and lift up to 60 lbs for several hours at a time
-Solar-related expertise, solar industry certification and accredited training courses (desirable)
-Compliance with strict safety and health policies: No smoking, no alcohol or other drugs in workplace or during working hours
-Impeccable integrity and accountability
-Valid California drivers license and clean driving record
-Install ground and roof mounting systems, panels, conduit and wiring, inverters, disconnects, combiner boxes, and related solar equipment
-Integrate solar circuits into existing residential and commercial building electrical panels
-Meet with building inspectors
-Guarantee excellent service and support to prospective and existing clients
-Communicate effectively and diplomatically in all public and staff interactions
-Cooperate with administrative, design, and installation staff for smooth, timely work flow
-Comply with all policies, procedures, work flow systems and legal requirements
-Attend and actively participate in all relevant meetings and trainings
-Perform assigned tasks willingly and on time
Compensation: $18-25/hour, based on experience, training, and credentials
Benefits: holidays, vacation, and sick leave; health plan (after 90-day introductory period for FT, permanent employees)
To apply, email a cover letter and resume.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Brooke Beesley, Solar Works’ Customer Project Coordinator, is a recycling and renewable energy enthusiast who enjoys doing errands on foot. She is passionate about contributing to a resilient community and has led several community service projects including a tutoring program for homeless youth and a sustainability program to reduce food waste at Sonoma State University.