The Benefits of Solar Power
The benefits of solar power are threefold: economic, environmental and energy independence. Solar power systems derive clean, pure energy from the sun. Installing solar panels to your home can bring in huge yearly savings and is also the best way you can reduce greenhouse gas emissions and decrease our collective dependence on fossil fuel.
- Costs are lower than ever, making solar significantly more affordable!
- Homeowners and businesses may qualify for a 26% Federal Tax Credit
- Solar increases value of residential and commercial properties
- Businesses can depreciate solar on a 5-year accelerated schedule
- Cost-effective crystalline panels have been used for over 60 years. Most “new” technologies are not cost effective, and lack field-tested life cycles.
- Solar power reduces your carbon footprint and contributes to a healthy environment
- A typical 3.8 kW system prevents more than 5 tons of CO2 from entering the atmosphere, equivalent to planting over an acre of trees each year
- Solar electricity reduces the need to send power long distances over transmission lines
- Solar installations generate electricity at the same location the power is used
- Solar lightens the load on an already overburdened grid, providing efficiency and energy security
- Solar gives control over electricity bills, locking in your electricity costs for 25+ years
- Solar transforms energy expenses into a clean power source that is a fixed asset
- Bottom line: Solar helps control costs, manage energy risk, and increase cash flow